Thursday, January 14, 2016

An unfailing Spring of Joy and Consolation



By David Harsha

An unfailing spring of joy and consolation! "O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my every thought when far away. You chart the path ahead of me and tell me where to stop and rest. Every moment you know where I am. You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord. You both precede and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to know!" Psalm 139:1-6

Jesus has a perfect knowledge of every event
that is transpiring in the remotest part of His
mighty empire. Heaven, earth, and hell, are all
unveiled before Him. His eyes, which are as a
flame of fire, are in every place, beholding the
evil and the good. He knows perfectly well what
is the present inclination of our minds; whether
our hearts are absorbed with the empty pleasures
of earth, or whether we love Him supremely.

This is an unfailing spring of joy and consolation
for the real Christian. How inspiring to feel that
we have a Savior who knows all our needs; whose
eye is ever upon us for good; whose ear is always
opened to our petitions. 'For the eyes of the Lord
watch over the righteous, and His ears are open
to their prayers.'

Come then, you afflicted, tempest tossed child
of earth, and lay all your sorrows before an
omniscient and compassionate Savior!

Make all your desires known to Him.

He has....
a willing ear to hear you,
a willing heart to love you,
a willing hand to save you!

"O Omniscient Savior, we beseech You to watch
over us amid all the scenes of earth. We are still
on the 'ocean of life', exposed to its storms and
its tempests; but while the waves dash on every
side of us, may we see Your glorious Form on the
troubled sea; may we hear Your animating voice,
'Be of good cheer; it is I; do not be afraid.' May
we rejoice in the belief that You know all things,
and are intimately acquainted with all our ways.
Guide us with Your counsel. Show us the path of
life. Be our guiding Star until we reach the harbor
of eternal rest. Be very near us in all the
wanderings of our earthly pilgrimage."

=============

This Puritan Devotional has been brought to you by Grace Gems, a treasury of ageless sovereign grace writings.

Please visit us at www.gracegems.org, where you can browse and freely download thousands of choice books, sermons, and quotes, along with select audio messages.

No donations accepted.

Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment